It is the corporate policy of Belos Capital (Asia) Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and associated companies ("the Company" or "Belos") to respect and safeguard the privacy of an individual's personal data. Compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) ("the Ordinance") is the responsibility of the management as well as every employee of the Company.
This privacy statement ("this Statement") is prepared by the Company in accordance with the Ordinance. This Statement provides information on the obligations and policies of the Company under the Ordinance. Throughout this Statement, the meaning of "personal data" is the same as that defined in the Ordinance. This Statement is intended to notify you the following:
- Our privacy principles;
- Our data security measures;
- Reasons for our data collection and our datacollection purposes;
- Our data disclosure practices;
- Data access requests; and
- Our contact information
Nothing in this Statement shall limit the rights of customers under the Ordinance.
2. OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Our business has been built on mutual trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect personal information which webelieve to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs, toconduct our business and to provide you with tailor-made services;
- We use your personal information to provideyou with better customer services and products.
- We may pass your personal information to oursubsidiaries, affiliates, and associated companies or agents, as permittedby law. All our staff, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated companies andall third parties with permitted access to your personal information arespecifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
- We will not disclose your personal informationto any external organization unless we have your consent or are requiredby law or have previously informed you.
- We may be required from time to time todisclose your personal information to governmental or judicial bodies oragencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep your personal information onour records accurate and up-to-date. We maintain strict security systemsdesigned to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information byanyone, including our staff.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at Belos will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us and will develop a long-term win-win relationship between us.
3. OUR DATA SECURITY MEASURES
- Security is our top priority. The Company willstrive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protectedagainst unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. Wemaintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriatephysical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure yourpersonal data.
- The secure area of our website supports theuse of 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology - anindustry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data.
- Our web servers are protected behind"firewalls" and our systems are monitored to prevent anyunauthorized access.
The Company will take all practical steps to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that the Company will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region regarding the retention of personally identifiable information.
4. REASONS FOR OUR DATA COLLECTION AND OUR DATA COLLECTION PURPOSES
The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows:The reasons for collecting your personal data are set out as follows:
- From time to time, we collect your personalinformation in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts andthe establishment or continuation of credit facilities or provision ofcredit services or debt portfolio underwriting and evaluation orreasonable monitoring of the indebtedness;
- Failure to supply such data may result in theCompany being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continuecredit facilities or provide credit services or underwrite and evaluatethe debt portfolio or reasonably monitor the indebtedness; and
- Data is also collected from customers in theordinary course of business to continue with our relationship withcustomers. This includes information obtained from credit referenceagencies.
The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are set out as follows:
- Evaluate and underwrite consumer andcommercial receivables portfolio;
- Conduct consumer and commercial debt purchase,valuation, restructuring, recovery, and consulting;
- Perform daily operations of the creditfacilities and services provided to customers;
- Conduct credit checks, credit reviews(including without limitation, upon an application for consumer credit),reasonable monitoring of the indebtedness and carry out matchingprocedures (as defined in the Ordinance);
- Create and maintain the Company's creditscoring and risk related models;
- Assist other financial institutions to conductcredit checks and collect debts;
- Ensure ongoing creditworthiness of customers;
- Design financial services or related productsfor customers' use;
- Market financial services or related productsof the Company and/or selected third party organizations and monitor theprovision, operation and use of such services or products;
- Determine the amount of indebtedness owed toor by customers;
- Collect amounts outstanding from customers andthose who provide security for customers' obligations;
- Meet the requirements to make disclosure underthe requirements of any law binding on the Company;
- Compare data of customers or other persons forcredit checking, data verification or otherwise, producing or verifyingdata, whether or not for the purpose of taking adverse action against thecustomers;
- Enable an actual or proposed assignee of theCompany, or participant or sub-participant of the Company's rights inrespect of the customer(s) to evaluate the transaction intended to be thesubject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation;
- Record customers' calls to ensure quality ofservice;
- Exchange information with authorizedinstitutions and service providers;
- Compiling statistical information and customerprofiles;
- Maintaining a credit history of customers forstatistical and research purposes; and
- Fulfill any other purposes relating thereto.
5. OUR DATA DISCLOSURE PRACTICES
The Company will keep the customers' data confidential, but the Company may provide such information to the following parties (whether within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) for the purposes listed above in paragraph (4).
- Any agent, contractor, third party serviceprovider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer,payment, securities clearing, debt collection, or other services to theCompany in connection with the operation of its business;
- Any other person under a duty ofconfidentiality to the Company, including the Company's holding company,subsidiaries, affiliates, associated companies and companies controlled byor under common control with the Company, which have undertaken to keepsuch information confidential;
- Credit reference agencies, and/or in the eventof default, debt collection agencies;
- Any person to whom the Company is under anobligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding onthe Company or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates and associatedcompanies or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued byregulatory or other authorities with which the Company or any of itssubsidiaries, affiliates and associated companies are expected to comply;
- Any actual or proposed assignee of the Companyor participant or sub-participant or transferee of the Company's rights inrespect of the customers;
- The drawee bank providing a copy of a paidcheque, which may contain information about the payee, to the drawer;
- A person making any payment into thecustomer's account (by providing a copy of a deposit confirmation slipwhich may contain the name of the customer);
- Any banking, financial or other institutionwith which the customer has or proposes to have dealings;
- Any party giving or proposing to give aguarantee or third party security to guarantee or secure the customer'sobligations; and
- Selected companies for the purpose ofinforming customers of services which the Company believes will be ofinterest to customers.
6. DATA ACCESS REQUESTS
Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data approved and issued under the Ordinance, any individual has the right:
- to check whether the Company holds data abouthim/her and of access to such data;
- to ascertain the Company's policies andpractices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind ofpersonal data held by the Company;
- to require the Company to correct any relateddata that is inaccurate;
- in relation to consumer credit, to request tobe informed which items of data are routinely disclosed to creditreference agencies or debt collection agencies, and be provided with furtherinformation to enable the making of an access and correction request tothe relevant credit agency or debt collection agency; and
- to instruct the Company to make a request tothe relevant credit reference agency to delete from its database anyrelated account data upon satisfactory termination of the account by fullpayment and on condition that there has been no default in excess of 60days within 5 years immediately before such termination. If an individualhas any such default under the credit as determined by the Company, he/sheis liable to have his/her consumer credit data retained by the relevantcredit reference agency at least until the expiry of 5 years from the dateof final settlement of the amount in default or 5 years from the date ofdischarge of the individual's bankruptcy as notified to the creditreference agency, whichever is earlier.
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
Nothing in this Statement shall limit the rights of customers under the Ordinance.
Belos Capital (Asia) Limited ("Belos") is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of local law. This policy describes how Belos treat personal information collected on this website.
1. Information Collected:
Internet Protocol (IP) address of computer being used
Web pages requested
Referring web page
Date and time
Belos does not associate these data to individual user identities.
We may also collect certain personal information about you, such as your name, address, and email address, as well as any other personal information that you may provide – for example, through submission of forms or other documents.
Belos site might use "cookies" in order to deliver web content. Sensitive personal information is not stored within cookies.
2. Use of Collected Information:
Belos will only use personal information collected from this site for the purpose of communication back to individuals who contact us via the site.
Belos uses browser-IP-address information and anonymous-browser history to report information about site accesses and for profiling purposes. This information is used to improve Web presentation and utilization. IP address information may also be used for troubleshooting purposes.
3. Distribution of Collected Information:
Belos will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
Belos will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
4. Disclaimer and Policy Updates:
This Policy should not be construed as giving business, legal, or other advice or warranting as fail-proof the security of information provided through the Website. The Internet is not 100% secure, and Belos cannot promise that your use of a Website or software will be completely safe.
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the web site. If we make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on the homepage of our web site for a period of time after the change is made.
5. Responsibility for External Sites:
This website may contain links to other web sites. Some of those web sites may be operated by third parties. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy
practices of web sites operated by others.
We are not responsible for the performance of web sites operated by third parties or for your business dealings with them. Therefore, whenever you leave this web site we recommend that you review each web site's privacy practices and make your own conclusions regarding the adequacy of these practices.
III. CONTACT INFORMATION
Note: In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.
IMPORTANT: By accessing this website and any of its pages, you are agreeing to the terms set out above.